Cabot Trail Adventures
Sea Kayak Tours & Kayak Rentals, Cabot Trail
Half Day Guided Sea Kayak Tour
Join us for a half day sea kayaking tour
Our guides will take you on an adventure and exploration of the wonders of Cape Breton’s natural environment. Sea kayak along gypsum cliffs and through pristine salt water marshes. Learn about the oyster aquaculture industry and explore pristine sand beaches.
The area is home to bald eagles, willets, plovers, terns and moose.
Our tours take you through South Harbour and into the Atlantic Ocean. Stop at the beach for a picnic with shipwreck stories and local history. We offer easy instruction for beginners, with safe, sturdy sea kayaks. Single and double sea kayaks are used, the tandem kayaks are a great option for families.
Cost $65 per person, plus tax
Summer Tour Times: 2019
- July and August, Monday to Saturday 10am and 2pm. Closed Sundays
- Fall Schedule: Rentals Mon-Friday 10am-4pm By appointment or by chance after sept 15
- Half Day Cycling and Kayaking Tours Monday-Friday 10am by appointment
- Closed for bad weather forecasts ***most days are too windy by mid Sept
Equipment, snacks and drinks are provided. Please plan to arrive 15 min in advance for registration.
Please email, text or call to book your spot. Reservations Required. Recommended for ages 12 and up.
Recommended Items to Bring:
- Synthetic style clothing, no blue jeans :)
- Reusable water bottle
- Shoes that can get wet (sneakers, sandals, flip flops ok)
- An extra layer like a fleece or a windbreaker
- Dry Bags are available, as are paddling jackets and gloves
Kayak and Paddle Board/SUP Rentals
Perfect for families, birders, beginners, sun seekers and adventures! New to kayaking? We’ll give quick and easy hands-on instruction. Come and see the Cape Breton Highlands by kayak.
Kayak or canoe in a large sheltered bay just off the Cabot Trail; with oyster fisheries, many shore birds, saltwater marshes and a barrier beach.
Families love exploring the beach, swimming, picnicking and paddling the warm waters-especially with our double kayaks.
Single Recreational Kayaks, Single Sea Kayaks, Double Sea Kayaks, Canoes, and Paddle Boards/Sups for rent.
Drop in daily for rentals, reservations NOT required :)
Paddle Boards (SUPs)
- Includes paddle, pdf (kids sizes available), bailer, rope, whistle, map, route suggestions
- Only for use within South Harbour, not for open ocean, overnight or extended tours
- Taxes extra
- Cash, Cheque, Debit Tap Credit Card
- Rentals are generally drop in with lots of boats available, first come first serve
- Reservations for full day rentals starting at 9am will be taken
- Fall Schedule, Mon-Fri 10-4 by appointment or by chance as long as conditions remain warm and suitable. Closed for bad weather forecasts
How young a child can go kayaking? With our stable doubles no age is too young for a rental. Parents can team up to paddle young children around and we have a great selection of lifejackets for young paddlers. For the tours; kayaking-ages 12 and up; cycling 13 and up (at the very youngest, must be very comfortable riding on road in traffic)
Email: [email protected]
Closed for the Season
Open June 15th-Sept 15th
Tours at 9am, 10am and 2pm