Cabot Trail Adventures
Bike Rentals and Cycling Tours
Our quality hybrid and cyclocross road bikes are perfect for biking the best of the Cabot Trail. Cycle along a dramatic rolling coastline, or take on a challenging mountain climb. Our bikes are well geared for tough climbs; they offer light frames with enough tire to ride the road with comfort. We include route descriptions with your rental.
- Bikes for $45 per day +tx
- Weekly Rentals $225
- Helmets, repair kit, small saddle bag
- Rack for your car, holds two bikes, fits most models.
- Map, with route description
- Three great on road day rides right in the local area
- Easy for you to transport bikes to different locations along the Cabot Trail road
- For through riders, you can start from our location along the mid point of the Cabot Trail
- June 1st-Sept 30th
- Hours for Rentals;
- Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm, closed Sundays
Closed for the Season
Open June 15th-Sept 15th
Tours at 9am, 10am and 2pm
Half Day Cycling Tour
Atlantic Fisheries Bike Tour
This half day cycling tour combines a riding tour of our community with an informative look at our local fisheries. From lobster to cod, mussels to oysters, fishing techniques and gear are explained as we cycle along beaches and quaint fishing harbours. The tour will take breaks to check out the different types of lobster and crab traps and learn about how they work.
There maybe the opportunity to watch the local fleet unload their catch. The tour stops at the St Paul Island Lighthouse and Museum, where we climb the stairs of the oldest cast iron lighthouse in Canada and ends at our favourite oyster market. This is a great ride for families, we spend only a limited amount of time on the Cabot Trail, riding trails and secondary roads.
Included in this experience
- A half day guided cycling tour (16km, 3 hour)
- Bike rentals and all necessary equipment, water and on tour snack
- Stops at local fishing wharves
- Guided visit to the St Paul Island Community Lighthouse
- A stop at Hideaway Campground's Oyster Market (seasonally available)
- Cost $75 per person plus tax
- Children 13 and older welcome if comfortable riding on road with traffic
- July-Aug 9am, Mon-Saturday
- Reservations required
- monday-Friday 10am in Sept and Oct by appointment only
Bike the Best: Rental with one way Shuttle
Bike the Best: East Coast Riding
The eastern edge of the Cabot Trail travels directly along the rugged granite coastline of park. The ocean spray, dramatic waves, and pink granite rocks will sit at your shoulder as you cycling back. This stretch of the road offers a reasonable shoulder for cycling along, and a gentle set of rolling hills. It is considered some of the nicest biking in the park. There are multiple National Park interpretive sites and hikes along the ride, allowing you take advantage of all the park has to offer.
Included in this experience
- Bike rentals, helmets, auto racks, small rear saddle bag and basic repair kit
- Bike Shuttle Service
- 9am departure from our location to trailhead
Cost per person is $110 per person plus tax
*Park Passes Required
Bike the Best: Western Skyline
Let Cabot Trail Adventures help you bike the best of the Cabot Trail with our shuttled-yet-self-guided bike/hike on the western side of Cape Breton Highlands National Park. This tour combines a morning bike shuttle with a two hour self guided hike (optional) and then iconic cycle across the top of highlands and down into Pleasant Bay. Clients use our maps to begin their bike ride north along the Cabot Trail, first taking time to hike the Skyline Trail in the CBHNP.
You begin the ride at the top of the French Mountain, and ride along the mountain top. The descend into Pleasant Bay takes you through a series of winding switchbacks, with the ocean at your shoulder. This ride is only for experienced road riders, it offers a challenging ride. The length of the bike ride can be varied. Our bike racks fit most rental cars.
Included in this experience
- bike rentals, helmets, auto racks, small rear saddle bag and basic repair kit
- one way shuttle service
- maps, route
- A self guided half day hike in the national park, plus half day ride in the park
- 9am departure from our location to the trailhead
Cost $125 per person plus tax
*Park Pass Required, available locally
Bike the Best of the Cabot Trail
Five Day Cycling Package
Cycle the best of the Cabot Trail, then hike, sea kayak and whale watch.
Base yourself in comfort on the northern coast of the Cape Breton Island and bike the best routes in the Highlands National Park and the Cabot Trail. Spend two to three days cycling the challenging Cabot Trail.
Ride the western and eastern coastlines of the National Park, then explore the roads heading north to quaint fishing communities, lighthouse ice cream stores and rocky coastlines.Let our guides help you choose the best routes for the day, with expert advice on how to get the most out of the Cape Breton weather. Join our Atlantic Fisheries half day cycling tour for an informative and hands on look at our local fishing community; check out lobster traps, climb a lighthouse and try some fresh oysters on the half shell. When not riding your bike, take our full day guided hike along old wilderness trails to remote coastal meadow, and spend a morning sea kayaking along salt marshes and barrier beaches, then take a whale watch from our northern most port and experience the all the sights of the National Park. Rentals, guides, shuttles and all necessary equipment included.
- 2-3 self-guided cycling day trips on the northern half of the Cabot Trail, from a central base at the top of Cape Breton Island, bike rental for 3 days, one way shuttle service on the longest ride, all necessary equipment including auto rack
- Half day Guided Atlantic Fisheries Cycling Tour
- Half day Sea Kayak tour
- Full day Guided Hike
- • A local's know guide with maps and advice for self-guided exploration in the Cape Breton Highlands National Park, finding best beaches, moose, local seafood options and more
- • A half day whale watching tour with Oshan Whale Watching www.oshan.ca
- Bike the Best Five Day Activity Package Cost is $425 per person plus tax