Cabot Trail Adventures
Email Us At: [email protected]
Interested in our services? We would love to hear from you! Get in touch with us via the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Deposits & Payment for 1/2 & Full Day Tours, Day Rentals:
o A 30 % deposit is necessary to hold your spot on the tour/rental upon
registration. Billing in full will occur the day of the tour/rental.
o Cancellations 7 days in advance there will be no charge (your 30% is refunded)
o Cancellations less than 7 days before the tour/rental will be your 30% deposit
o If tour is canceled within the 24 hours you are required to pay in full
the amount of your tour.
o There will be a full refund of your deposit for tours cancelled by your guide due to weather conditions or other safety concerns.
o We accept MasterCard, Visa, Travellers Cheques, Cash.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I wear? Synthetic/athletic style clothing is best; closed toed shoes are required for hiking and cycling, as well as recommended for kayaking (flip flops are acceptable for kayaking or other shoes that can get wet), sun protection, an extra layer in case the day turns cool, rain jackets and reusable water bottles if possible.
- Are supplies available locally? Yes, there are great local grocery stores and shops
- Where should I stay in the area? There is a great local website www.northerncapebreton.com with a full list of options, try the Markland Coastal Beach Cottages, the Channel Breeze B&B, Hideaway Campground.
- How young a child can go kayaking? With our stable doubles no age is too young for a rental. Parents can team up to paddle young children around and we have a great selection of lifejackets for young paddlers. For the tours; kayaking-ages 12 and up; cycling 13 and up (at the very youngest, must be very comfortable riding on road in traffic)
- Can someone with mobility issues or broken arms go paddling? Yes, in our stable double kayaks, with a strong paddler in the back
- I have a small dog, can fluffy go out on a canoe rental? Yes, your smallish dog is very welcome to paddle with you on a rental. We can not allow pets on our tours however.
- Can I leave my dog in the car at your shop while I go paddling? No, I am sorry we cannot allow this, please leave your pet at your accommodations or make a safer plan. Please no dogs tied up and left at the shop either. It is not safe for your pet or fair to them or other customers.
- Is the cycling on road? Yes, the riding up here is mostly on road (Cabot Trail Hwy and coastal side roads). If you have your own mountain bikes the national park allows cycling on three trails.
- Do you offer bike repair? We try and stock supplies to get you back on the road, and there are larger bike shops in Sydney and Cheticamp.
- Can young children rent bikes? We provide mainly adult bikes. As the Cabot Trail is a busy road, we don't recommend it for younger riders.
- What can the non adventurers in my group do while I am biking/kayaking/hiking? There are two great small local museums (North Highlands Community Museum and the St Paul Island Community Museum), plus lovely gift shops (like Arts North, T&R Craft, the Cranberry Patch and Country Crafts) and several local restaurants/cafes (Angies, North of Smokey Dinner, the Markland, Meat Cove, the Chowder House, Hideaway Oyster Market) plus terrific local beaches.
Cabot Trail Adventures
Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation
Open June 1st-
10am-4pm Monday-Friday, weekends by chance
Tours Monday-Friday 10am
Open Labour Day Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Closed Monday Sept 3rd-5th
July 1st-Sept 2nd
Tours at 10am and 2pm for Sea kayaking
Tours at 9am for hiking or cycling
Open Seven Days a Week
299 Shore Rd, South Harbour
Cape Breton Nova Scotia