Cabot Trail Adventures
Sea Kayak Tours
Kayak, Paddle Board and Canoe Rentals
Half Day Guided Sea Kayak Tour
Join us for a half day sea kayaking tour
Our guides will take you on an adventure and exploration of the wonders of Cape Breton’s natural environment. Sea kayak along gypsum cliffs and through pristine salt water marshes. Learn about the oyster aquaculture industry and explore pristine sand beaches. Launch into the sea and paddle along rocky cliff edges. Our tours take you through South Harbour and into the Atlantic Ocean. Stop at the beach for a picnic with shipwreck stories and local history. We offer easy instruction for beginners, with safe, sturdy sea kayaks. Single and double sea kayaks are used, the tandem kayaks are a great option for families.
Cost $85 per person, plus tax
- July 14th- Aug 30th Monday to Saturday 10am. Additional times maybe available.
- Closed Sundays
- Closed for bad weather forecasts.
Please plan to arrive 15 min in advance for registration.
Please email or call to book your spot. Reservations Required. For ages 12 and up.
Recommended Items to Bring:
- Synthetic style clothing, no blue jeans :)
- Reusable water bottle
- Shoes that will get wet, you must have shoes
- An extra layer like a fleece or a windbreaker
- (Dry Bags are available)
Kayak, Canoe, Paddle Board Rentals
Perfect for families, birders, beginners, sun seekers and adventures! New to kayaking? We’ll give quick and easy hands-on instruction. Come and see the Cape Breton Highlands by kayak.
Kayak or paddle board in a large sheltered bay just off the Cabot Trail; with oyster fisheries, many shore birds, salt marshes and a barrier beach.
Families love exploring the beach, swimming, picnicking and paddling the warm waters-especially with our double kayaks.
Single Recreational Kayaks, Single Sea Kayaks, Double Sea Kayaks, Canoes, and Paddle Boards or SUPs for rent.
- Includes paddle, lifejackets (kids sizes available), bailer, rope, whistle, map, route suggestions
- Only for use within South Harbour, not for open ocean, overnight or extended tours
- Taxes extra
- Cash, Cheque, Debit Tap, Credit Card
- Rentals are available by drop in July and August
- Appointments required in June and September
How young a child can go kayaking? With our stable doubles no age is too young for a rental. Parents can team up to paddle young children around and we have a great selection of lifejackets for young paddlers. For the tours; kayaking-ages 12 and up.
Pet are welcome on our rentals. No pets allowed on the tours.
Email: [email protected]
Open June 1st-Sept 30th
Rentals by appoinment in June and Sept
Drop in Rentals welcome July and August
Tours 10am by appointment